Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made with layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese, whipped cream and flavoured with cocoa.
1) 6 Egg yolks
2) 1 cup sugar
3) 8 oz mascarpone cheese
4) 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
5) 1 tsp vanilla extract
6) 2 cups water
7) 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
8) 40 ladyfingers
9) 2-3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1) Place 6 egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and set bowl over pot with simmering water. Whisk constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the custard thickens.
2) Remove the bowl from the heat and let it cool.
3) In a stand mixer pour 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream and 1 tsp vanilla extract and whisk on medium-high speed until a stiff whipped cream is made.
4) Add mascarpone cheese to the egg yolks and mix well until mixture is smooth.
5) Add whipped cream to mascarpone mixture and fold gently and set aside.
6) Pour 2 cups of hot water into a bowl, add 2 tbsp coffee powder mix until coffee dissolves and set aside to cool.
7) To assemble the tiramisu, dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture for 1-2 seconds.
8) Place them in the bottom of a 9*13 inch baking dish. If needed, break a few ladyfingers to fit them in the dish.
9) Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers.
10) Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers and spread the remaining cream on top.
11) Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 to 24 hours. It’s best to let it sit 24 hours.
12) Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
Thanks for watching!